Session Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Overland Park Convention Center
6000 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211
Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D., is an international keynote speaker and leadership presence coach. Carol has been cited as an authority in media such as Industry Week, Investors Business Daily, CNN`s Business Unusual, PBS Marketplace, MarketWatch radio, and the NBC Nightly News. She is a leadership blogger for Forbes and the author of twelve business books, including "The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help - or Hurt - How You Lead. " Carol has published over 300 articles in the fields of organizational change, leadership, innovation, communication, collaboration, employee engagement, and body language in the workplace. She can reached by email: Carol@CarolKinseyGoman.com, phone: 510-526-1727, or through her website: www.CarolKinseyGoman.com.
10% Leadership presence: What it is and what it isn't
• The five qualities of leadership presence: Composure, Connection, Confidence, Credibility, Charisma.
• Why the foundation for leadership presence is Character — the personal traits and values that define you.
• How to create clear, concise, and compelling messages.
• Using stories to give meaning to facts.
• Tips for building confidence from the inside out.
• The words and phrases that influence how people judge your confidence.
• Body language that makes you look more or less confident.
• Tips for reading the body language of your audience.
• Developing poise under pressure
• Tips for thinking effectively on your feet.
• The #1 critical factor in leadership effectiveness.
• Tips for developing and maintaining rapport.
• The two charismatic signals we look for in all leaders – and what happens when one is missing.
• Strengths and challenges for men displaying leadership presence.
• Strengths and challenges for women displaying leadership presence.
• Getting people to give you the chance to prove you are capable of more.
• The secrets of skilled networkers.
(Pres, Exec & Sr VP)
(VP & Gen'l Mgr)
(Div & Reg. Mgrs)
Communication, Decisiveness, Empathy, Initiative, Interpersonal Relations, Self-Management
Decision Making, Use of Authority, Direction, Guidance, Follow-Up, Results Analysis, Evaluation
Problem Identification, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans, Generate and Obtain Plan Support