Session Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Country Club of Roswell
2500 Club Springs Dr, Roswell GA 30076-3738
Michael “Dr. Woody” Woodward, PhD is a CEC certified professional coach trained in the field of industrial and organizational psychology. As a consultant and professional coach, Dr. Woody works with both private and corporate clients on building management/leadership capacity and the psychology of career engagement in the New Economy. Dr. Woody is the founder and president of New York-based consulting firm Human Capital Integrated (HCI). As a consultant and coach, Dr. Woody has worked with management and executive level clients at such organizations as: Bacardi USA, SAP, Century 21 Real Estate, and Department of Homeland Security. Prior to founding HCI in 2005, Dr. Woody served as a management and human resources consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting (PwC) and as a project manager for IBM Business Consulting Services in Washington DC. Dr. Woody is author of the Amazon.com top selling job book The YOU Plan: A 5-step guide to Taking Charge of Your Career in the New Economy. Dr. Woody has also published award winning research on teamwork titled Cooperation and Competition: The Effects of Team Entrainment and Reward Structure (Woodward et al, 2005).
20% The Values Compass – Understanding the Role of Values in Managing (discussion and card sort exercise)
- The Role of values in managing and leading • Identifying and articulating your five (5) core values
15% Critical Conversations – Having those tough talks about performance
- Why management all comes down to conversations
- A model for conducting critical conversations
10% The Trust Factor – Creating a team bond
- A five-component model for building trust
- Creating familiarity: The key to building trust among colleagues and staff
15% The Art of Persuasion – Influencing others to action
- Influence vs. power: Changing minds not just behavior
- A model for building influence
15% Getting Out of the Weeds – Letting go through delegation
- What to let go of and when to do it!
- An opportunity to develop your staff
20% Know Your ROTs: Developing Management Rules-of-Thumb
- The three ROTS: Red, yellow, and green rules of thumb
- Knowing and effectively using your ROTS
5% Committing to Action (individual exercises)
- What are you going to commit to doing?
- When will you have it done and how will you measure success?
(Pres, Exec & Sr VP)
(VP & Gen'l Mgr)
(Div & Reg. Mgrs)
Adaptability, Commitment, Communication, Decisiveness, Developmental Perspective, Empathy, Interpersonal Relations, Motivation
Decision Making, Use of Authority, Delegation
Problem Identification, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans