Session Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Estate by Gene and Georgetti
9421 W Higgins Road, Rosemont, IL 60018
Leadership presence is that illusive quality that sets you up for the next promotion and gives your career an extra boost. It's a blending of personal and interpersonal skills that when combined, sends all the right signals. It’s how you show up and contribute in meetings. It's projecting confidence and poise under pressure. It's presenting your ideas decisively, assertively, and succinctly. It's engaging others in ways that are authentic, empathetic and motivational. It’s optimizing the impact of body language in ways that make others evaluate you as a leader. I&t#39;s networking and self-promotion without being perceived as pushy or arrogant. It's the ability to bring your authentic charismatic self into every encounter.
That's what it is. Here is what leadership presence is not:
- It's not an attribute that is automatically assigned to you because of your merit.
- It's not necessarily reflective of your true qualities and potential.
Instead, leadership presence is the link between merit/potential and success - and it depends entirely on how other people evaluate you. The key to developing leadership presence is to realize that it is all about impression management. As one successful leader told me: "You need to show up each day the way you want to be perceived - which is simple to say, but difficult to accomplish unless you do your homework and really know yourself."
Backed by neuroscience and based on research from Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, MIT Media Lab, and Columbia School of Business, this engaging and highly interactive session gives participants tips, tools and strategies they can put into action immediately.
Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D., helps executives, managers, entrepreneurs, team leaders, and sales professionals build stronger influence and impact skills. She is a sought-after international speaker who has keynoted at hundreds of business meetings, association conferences, government agencies, and universities in 27 countries.
Carol's programs offer strategies and techniques for leading collaborative teams, managing continuous change, projecting leadership presence, and using body language to become a more influential communicator and effective leader.
She is the best selling author of twelve books, including "The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help or Hurt How You Lead." She's a leadership blogger for Forbes, and the creator of LinkedIn Learning's most popular video course for the past three years, "Body Language for Leaders. " Carol has been featured in media such as Industry Week, Investors' Business Daily, CNN's Business Unusual, PBS Marketplace, The Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post's "On Leadership " column, MarketWatch radio, and the NBC Nightly News.
Carol has served as adjunct faculty at John F. Kennedy University in the International MBA program, at the University of California in the Executive Education Department, and for the Chamber of Commerce of the United States at their Institutes for Organization Management.
10% The SIGNALS OF LEADERSHIP PRESENCE
- The five signals of leadership presence: Credibility, Confidence, Composure, Connection, Charisma.
- Why the foundation for leadership presence is Character - the personal traits and values that define the authentic you.
- Aligning impression management with your best authentic self.
- Sharpening your ability to create clear, concise, and compelling messages.
- How self-confidence is strengthened - or weakened.
- The words and phrases that powerfully influence how people evaluate your confidence.
- Body language that makes you look like a leader.
- Tips for building resilience in stressful situations.
- Developing poise under pressure - how to respond to the unexpected.
- The most critical communication skill for leadership effectiveness.
- The first step to increasing emotional intelligence.
- How to shine as your authentic, charismatic self.
10% INCREASING VISIBILITY
- Strategic personal branding.
- The secrets of skilled networkers
(Pres, Exec & Sr VP)
(VP & Gen'l Mgr)
(Div & Reg. Mgrs)
Communication, Decisiveness, Empathy, Initiative, Interpersonal Relations, Self-Management
Decision Making, Use of Authority, Direction, Guidance, Follow-Up, Results Analysis, Evaluation
Problem Identification, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans, Generate and Obtain Plan Support