Session Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
350 King Street West TIFF Bell Lightbox, 6th Floor Toronto, Ontario M5V 3X5
DR. ALBERT VICERE is Executive Education Professor of Strategic Leadership for the Smeal College of Business Administration at the Pennsylvania State University. He also is President of Vicere Associates, Inc., a firm that advises clients the world over on methods for enhancing leadership and organizational effectiveness. At Penn State, Dr. Vicere served for eleven years as Associate Dean for Executive Education, leading that unit to international prominence at a center of excellence in leadership and organizational development. Currently, he teaches in the university’s Executive Education and MBA programs and has been awarded several MBA Excellence in Teaching Awards. He has advised many of the world’s leading organizations, including AT&T, Anheuser-Busch, ARAMARK, British Airways, BASF AG, Continental AG, Daimler-Benz, Excelon, Hallmark, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, McDonald’s, Motorola, Rockwell International, Samsung, and Saudi Aramco. In addition, he is a winner of IMS’s Distinguished Faculty Award. Dr. Vicere’s teaching and research interests focus on the areas of leadership development and strategy implementation. He has published more than 80 articles in leading journals including Organizational Dynamics, Planning Review, Training and Development Journal, and Human Resource Planning. His latest books are Leadership By Design, published by Harvard Business School Press and The Many Facets of Leadership published by Prentice Hall Financial Times. Active in a number of professional and academic organizations, Dr. Vicere currently is a member of the Executive Committee of the International Consortium For Executive Development Research and sits on the editorial boards of Human Resource Planning and The Journal of Management Development (UK). He is actively sought out as a speaker for IMS and for numerous companies and associations worldwide.
25%The Changing Context for Organizational Effectiveness
- Navigating the transition from the industrial age to the information age
- Evolving organizational structures and their implications for leadership
- Core competencies, relationships, and the networked business environment
15%The 21st Century Leader: New Rules and New Roles
- Leadership in the networked business environment
- Key strategic leadership roles
- Critical strategic leadership actions
25%Creating Momentum: Assessment and Interpretation
- Assessing your organization's 'DNA'
- Implications for performance
- Assessing opportunities for recoding your 'DNA'
15%Strategic Leadership: Putting It All Together
- Strategic leadership in a nutshell: the process map
- Strategic thinking, strategic intent, culture building
- Your personal challenge
20%Applied Strategic Thinking: Action-planning Exercises To Help You Apply the Concepts to Your Organization
- Workshops/discussions throughout the session where you will have a chance to work with your peers to clarify your leadership point of view and discuss your plan of action for enhancing your performance and that of your organization.
(Pres, Exec & Sr VP)
(VP & Gen'l Mgr)
(Div & Reg. Mgrs)
Adaptability, Creativeness, Developmental Perspective, Empathy, Interpersonal Relations, Motivation
Problem Identification, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans
Use of Authority, Direction, Coordination, Guidance