Session Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Royal Scots Club
29-31 Abercromby Place, Edinburgh EH3 6QE
0131 556 4270
Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D., helps executives, managers, entrepreneurs, team leaders, and sales professionals build stronger influence and impact skills. She is a sought-after international speaker who has keynoted at hundreds of business meetings, association conferences, government agencies, and universities in 27 countries.
Carol's programs offer strategies and techniques for leading collaborative teams, managing continuous change, projecting leadership presence, and using body language to become a more influential communicator and effective leader.
She is the best selling author of twelve books, including "The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help or Hurt How You Lead." She's a leadership blogger for Forbes, and the creator of LinkedIn Learning's most popular video course for the past three years, "Body Language for Leaders. " Carol has been featured in media such as Industry Week, Investors' Business Daily, CNN's Business Unusual, PBS Marketplace, The Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post's "On Leadership " column, MarketWatch radio, and the NBC Nightly News.
Carol has served as adjunct faculty at John F. Kennedy University in the International MBA program, at the University of California in the Executive Education Department, and for the Chamber of Commerce of the United States at their Institutes for Organization Management.
25% Collaboration and collaborative leadership
- Collaboration: What it is and why it’s so important
- How silos develop and how they destroy collaboration
- Organizational collaboration strategies
- Defining collaborative leadership
- Key elements of collaborative leadership
40% The human side of collaboration
- Why people don't tell what they know and strategies to break through those barriers Designing a collaborative meeting
25% Collaboration with virtual teams
- The challenges of virtual collaboration
- Communication from “lean” to “rich”
- Teleconferencing tips Videoconferencing tips
- The future of collaborative technology
- What’s so great about face-to-face?
- When collaboration is virtual and cross-cultural
10% Building trust
- The foundation of a collaborative culture -- the 5 levels of trust
- Why some lies are good for collaboration and others destroy it
- How our biases lead us to trust (or mistrust) the wrong people
- Leadership tips for building trust
(Pres, Exec & Sr VP)
(VP & Gen'l Mgr)
(Div & Reg. Mgrs)
Adaptability, Communication, Interpersonal Relations, Judgment, Motivation
Problem Identification, Developing Specific Plans, Generate and Obtain Plan Support
Use of Authority